ELEVENTH ANNUAL CONFERENCE
COLLINGWOOD COLLEGE, DURHAM
1 - 3 SEPTEMBER 2000
- Friday Afternoon and Evening
- 2.00pm Registration
- 3.00pm Visit to University of Durham Library, Palace Green. Department of Special Collections with Dr. Doyle.
- 6.30pm Conference welcome by Phil Crockett
- Lecture by Dr Robin and Mrs Birley, Historian and Curator of the Vindola Trust An Introduction to the Vindola Trust.
- Lecture by Jean Stirk An Overview of Papermaking in County Durham.
- 8.00pm Wine Reception and Buffet Carvery Dinner
- 9.30am Depart by coach for visit to the Vindola Trust
- 12.30pm Lunch
- 2.30pm Visit to Fourstones Paper Mill. Host - Mr Peter Duxbury, Managing Director
- 7.30pm Sherry Reception and Annual Dinner, with guest after dinner speaker Dr Derek Priest
- 9.00am Annual General Meeting
- 10.10am Lecture by Professor Peter Isaac Haughton Mill Paper-Forged Assignats
- 10.50am Coffee
- 11.05am Lecture by Peter Bower The Fair Quaker - Hannah Lightfoot and her relations with George III - the documents in the case.
- 11.45am Lecture by Ian Hendry Peculiar Paper and not Graphic Art.
- 12.25pm Lecture by Sydney Shep Maids of Tartarus - Female labour in the New Zealand paper industry.
- 1.05pm Close of conference by Phil Crockett
- 1.15pm Lunch