TENTH ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE
10 - 12 SEPTEMBER 1999
- Friday Afternoon and Evening
- Visit to The Royal Photographic Society, Bath, to receive a lecture on the History of Photography.
- Friday Evening Reception and Buffet Dinner at the Industrial
Heritage Centre, Bath, with a talk by The Director Mr Stuart
Burroughs: Industrial Development of Bath with special reference
to the Paper making and Printing Industry.
- Saturday Morning
- Visits to Wells Cathedral, Library and Archive (limited to 12), or the handmade papermill at Wookey Hole (and the caves).
- Lunch in Wells (free time)
- Saturday Afternoon
- Visit Inveresk Plc. St. Cuthberts Paper Mill, Wells, where
they produce mould made paper as well as industrial
- Visit Inveresk Plc. St. Cuthberts Paper Mill, Wells, where they produce mould made paper as well as industrial papers.
- Saturday Evening
- The Annual Wine Reception and Dinner with a special after
dinner guest speaker.
- The Annual Wine Reception and Dinner with a special after dinner guest speaker.
- Sunday Morning
- Papers from Members and guest speakers, plus the AGM.
- A selection of papers relating to the paper making industry,
the history of photography and paper history.
- Mr Michael Tabb, Chief Engineer from Bathford, Portals Security Paper Mill.
- Mr Peter Bower: "Turner's use of paper and board as a support for oil sketches."
- Mr Brian Luker: History of St. Cuthberts Mill entitled "Mill 364."
- Mr Tom Bolton: The International Paper Trade. "How the paper Business has developed, what drives the Industry today and where the Industry is headed."
- Mr Brian Attwood: "Board History" in the South West with an emphasis on "Saint Annes" Bristol.
- Mr Mike Grey: "The Papers developed for early photographic processes."